1 Tyremen Limited (“Tyremen” or we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is 1 Tyremen Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 01339220, registered office Witty Street, Hull, East Yorkshire HU3 4TX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.tyremen.co.uk (our “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Tyremen and when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and information required about you to fulfil your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies we use
These cookies are used as labels for each time a user visits the site and remember the users preferences. These cookies do not contain any of your personal information.
* is a sequence of letters and numbers
Expires after 2 years, expires after 1 month
This cookie is part of Google analytics, and is used to distinguish users (similar to the session cookie). This cookie does not contain any of your personal information. More info; http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Expires after 2 years
This cookie is used to throttle the request rate back to Google. This cookie does not contain any of your personal information.
Expires after 10 minutes
Expires at the end of the session
What if you don’t want to accept cookies?
You can block or restrict cookies set by any website – including our website – through the browser settings on each browser you use, on each device you use to access the Internet. Please be aware that some of our services, will not function if your browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your Internet browser. For more information on how to do this in popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari), read these instructions.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology via Sage Pay. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box when we collect your data (i.e. on the ‘Enquiries’ form or at Checkout stage if you place an order via the Site).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To enable us to fulfil orders you place with us, which will include passing your contact details and information about your order to the relevant member(s) of our UK Tyre Network who will undertake any tyre fitting or other services you order via the Site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tyremen or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or Website Terms and Conditions of Supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tyremen, our customers, member(s) of our UK Tyre Network or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.