Welcome to the world of motorhome home wheels, here at Tyremen we have a big soft spot for big motorhome it must be the thought of been able to jump and drive anywhere you wish.
Over the last 5-6 years, we have managed to build up a good customer base around the UK and Europe trusting that we know what we are doing. We are based in Hull in East Yorkshire and it has been known for customers to drive from as far as Spain on the say so “of a man he had met on a campsite”.
For some time now, there has been no change to the way the wheels are supplied from the Motorhome builders until this year. There is some very confusing set ups out there and when calling the suppliers of these motorhomes they have no clue and when asked all they may say is “yes they have changed” with no technical help at all. Luckily, they only use two different PCD’S in three sizes.
- 16” PCD 5X130 Centre Bore 78.1
- 15” PCD 5X118 Centre Bore 71.1
- 16” PCD 5X118 Centre Bore 71.1 (2013 onwards).
For a long time these have been very simple to determine the wheels you would need, 16” would have been 5x130 and the 15” would have been 5x118. Now just to be awkward Fiat are now using 5x130 and 5x118 both in 16”. I am now going to let you know how you can put you mind at ease when trying to select what wheel you will need.
Let start with the 5x130 found on the Fiat Ducato Maxi version of Motorhome.
- A simple measure is a solid way of finding this out. Select a bolt and measure from the imaginary centre of this to the bolt directly next to it (not across, next to it) this should measure 78mm = 5x130
- The centre bore diameter will measure 78.1mm across.
- The bolts used are a 16x1.5 meaning the bottom of the bolt measures 16mm across.
Now the 5x118, found on the smaller Fiat Ducato Motorhomes just follow the same as the 5x130.
- Select a bolt and measure from the imaginary centre of this to the bolt directly next to it (not across, next to it) this should measure 71mm = 5x118
- The centre bore diameter will measure 71.1mm across.
- The bolts used are a 14x1.5 meaning the bottom of the bolt measures 14mm across.
This all seems daunting, but this is the best way of getting you the right wheel, even using our VRM system with your registration number as the chassis go directly unregistered to the builders so they have no vehicle details.
Wheels we can offer please see the following Maxi models:
Fiat Ducato non Maxi: